“AEEP Energy Talks” kicks off with Green Hydrogen Webinar
On November 12, 2020 (14.00-16.00 CET), the Africa-EU Energy Partnership (AEEP) kicks-off the new webinar series “AEEP Energy Talks”. The series provides energy experts with a bicontinental platform to exchange insights on emerging energy transition topics. The objective is to further joint action in realising sustainable energy access for all. Upcoming topics include energy efficiency, the harmonisation of a continental African electricity market, wind energy, and others.
The first webinar discusses the challenges and opportunities of green hydrogen and its impact on the bicontinental partnership. Green Hydrogen is seen as a future key technology to secure the full decarbonisation of our energy system. Due to the abundance of renewable energy potential in Africa, green hydrogen offers a cooperation opportunity for both continents.
After a high-level opening from the African Union Commission, the European Commission and the African Energy Commission, the webinar will convey the key outcomes of the AEEP-commissioned study by the Florence School of Regulation: “Green Hydrogen: Bridging the Energy Transition in Africa and Europe”. Building on this scientific knowledge base, the webinar will further discuss the political implications for Africa and Europe as described in the related policy brief by the AEEP Secretariat: “Green Hydrogen – Fueling human well-being in Africa and Europe”. After another short and inspirational insert about progress at project level, the webinar proceeds to open discussion and an opportunity for the participants to ask questions. A closing keynote address by the European Commission (DG ENER) will conclude the webinar.
Interested in joining the webinar? Please subscribe below to receive further information.
By registering for this webinar, I agree to subscribe and receive updates from the AEEP.
– Dir Cheikh Bedda, Director of Infrastructure and Energy, African Union Commission
– Mr Georgios Pantoulis, Deputy Head of Unit, Sustainable Energy and Climate Change, DG DEVCO, European Commission
– Mr Rashid Ali Abdallah, Executive Director, African Energy Commission
– Mr Rohit Prasad, Business Development Manager, Enapter
– Ms Swetha Bhagwat, Head of FSR Global, Florence School of Regulation
– Ms Maria Olczak, Research Associate, Florence School of Regulation
– Ms Sandra Liz Hon Ai Ling, Director, HT Energy Sarawak, Malaysia
– Mr Pek Seck Wei, Technical Director, HT Energy Sarawak, Malaysia
– Ms Paula Abreu Marques, Head of Unit, Renewables and CCS policy, DG ENER, European Commission
– Mr Johan van den Berg, Head of Secretariat Africa-EU Energy Partnership
Moderated by Mr Peter Kinuthia, AEEP Secondment to the African Union Commission.